You need the OGame Tips Strategy Guide! Over 100 pages of tips and methods to waste your opponents... and make your friends envious!
Officers - An Overview
Officers are new to OGame. You do have to pay for them. Looks like the prices are: $3.99 USD for one month, or $9.99 for 3 months.(read more...)
Just a Reminder - OGame Tips Top 10 Tips is still available!
Just a reminder…
The OGame Tips Top 10 Tips are still available. You can sign up to receive them here:(read more...)
How to crack defences (edited greatly)
Since the recent article outlines the best way to defend against raids/farming attempts, I figured that it would be beneficial if I provided the other side of the coin: how to BEAT defences.(read more...)
Moonchances: Espionage Probes or Solar Satellites?
What would be better to use for moonshots out of Espionage Probes and Solar Satellites?(read more...)
Alliance Page Decorating
So you want to decorate your alliance page huh?(read more...)
Well, this is how..
Question: What is a Good Defense against Raids?
Sirius J asks: Most People attack me whats a good def against raids? and can you raid and defend?(read more...)
Common Terms in OGame
Here are a list of some of the common terms used in OGame.
If you have some to contribute, please post them as a comment. I’ll move the really common ones into this thread.(read more...)
‘Bashing’ is when you attack a planet or moon more than 6 times in a 24 hour period.(read more...)
"Once in a blue moon" (General Moon FAQ)
Since I’ve both received and passively observed many different types of questions about the concept of a “moon” in OGame, I figured I’d create a general FAQ here which attempts to cover the entire topic, even if only in a brief level of detail.(read more...)
Should I create planets for specific purposes?
It all depends on what is your overall goal in this game, so let’s say you can either go for the defensive kind of play or the offensive where you concentrate on either building battleships and all the other ships you need to raid, but still that will take some time because there is so much stuff you need to built up before you can build ships at all, or you can build and concentrate on defense.(read more...)
Question: Should I keep this 150 field planet?
Is it good if i keep a colony like with 150 fields, and then when i get stronger to delete it and look for colonys like with more than 215 fields?? or its better to delete it right away and look for bigger colony? posted by Muhamed(read more...)
What goes into a Debris Field
Here is a list of what will (and will not) go into a Debris Field.(read more...)
Question: What does "Multi-alarm" mean?
I’m trying to send my friend some deutrium so he can get nanites but it says “multi alarm fleet cannot approach”. What does that mean?(read more...)
Sharing a Computer to play OGame
oGame is very strict about multi-accounting (as it should be). However, there are times when you and a sibling may want to play, but you only have one internet connection. You can both still play oGame, you justt need to follow some simple rules.(read more...)
Question: How do I enable Vacation Mode?
How do I enable Vacation Mode? When I go to Options, and check the “Enable Vacation Mode” box, nothing happens.(read more...)
Question: What determines how much resources you would yield from a raid?
What determines how much resources you would yield from a raid?(read more...)
Question: I have Multiple Accounts, what do I do?
I made more accounts ‘cause i didn’t know it was aganist the rules and I don’t wanna get banned what should I do?(read more...)
Question: Can my moon be destroyed?
Can my moon be destroyed?(read more...)
Question: When will Universe X open?
When will Universe 14 Open in the US servers?(read more...)
Question: What do I lose when I get attacked?
What would happen if someone really strong attacked me? (I’m new). Would I lose all my resources? my technologies? my buildings? cause I don’t have a good defence yet?(read more...)
Moons Recap - by Tublecain
After a battle there will be debris floating around the defenders planet regardless of who won or lost the debris stays where the battle happened.(read more...)
How to get a moon!
Getting a moon is expensive, so don’t expect to get one early on. It’s also a matter of luck. I managed to get my moon when I failed to fleet save and lost enough ships to produce a 4% chance.(read more...)
Using Fields Wisely
When you colonise a planet, you get a pseudo-random number of fields. The calculations for the fields is as follows:(read more...)
Saving your Resources
The latest bit of information I received concerns your saving your resources. You can save your resources from attack.(read more...)
Recycling those Debris Fields
When you look around the Galaxy Map, you may see a T next to certain planets. This means there is a Debris Field there.(read more...)
Building Colonies for Specific Purposes
This question was posted by Zack as a comment… I thought it was worth its own topic… so here goes:(read more...)
This question is asked quite frequently on the oGame forums. But it is a good question, so I will answer it here as well.
How much energy do I get for Solar Satellites?(read more...)
Beware of Phishing Scams - Things to watch for.
I figured that since it is such an important topic, and since Puckeye did such a good job writing this, that it should be its own tips.(read more...)
Intergalactic Research Network
The Intergalactic Research Network is a new addition to OGame.
It was added on the 3rd of August. This new technology allows you to link your Research Labs together to improve research times.(read more...)
- WARNING! OGame Phishing Scam Apparently there is an email going around. This email asks you to send your account information, including your password to: firstname.lastname@example.org (read more...)
- Commander: Share Report with Ally If you have OGame Commander, you can share your espionage reports with allies. (read more...)
- OGame Commander - An Overview You will have the opportunity to save your messages up to 7 days and there will be no ingame advertisement. Furthermore you will find your ally members and buddies at the integrated address book. Here you will find the GO’s of your universe as well. Bonus Features: (read more...)
- Increasing your income beyond your mines Income in oGame is measured in Metal, Crystal, Deuterium and Energy. Generally you would increase these by building alone, but there are several other ways to gain advantage over other players. (read more...)
- Ships and Shipyards You do not have to have a shipyard on a planet in order to base a fleet there. (read more...)
- Rebuilding Defenses Apparently, there is a chance that 70% of your defenses lost will be rebuilt. What ones are rebuilt is random, it could be shields, missiles, fighters, gauss cannons, etc. You could get lucky have have your big defenses rebuilt, or you could have all your puny light light lasers restored. (read more...)
- Banning a player There are several ways to ban a player. The easiest is when they send you an insult via an ingame message. (read more...)
- Viewing your Galaxy uses Deuterium After you log into oGame, you can choose to view the galaxy around you. You start out looking at your local system, but you can either use the arrow buttons to switch the system (or the galaxy) or punch in specific coordinates you want to view. (read more...)
Renaming and Deleting Colonies
You can delete and rename your own colonies. You can also rename your home planet. Everyone starts with a planet that has 163 fields.(read more...)
Why is the Espionage Probe attacking me?
If someone kamikaze’s a probe into your planet (a probe on attack mission) it is because he is creating a debris field so he can clean house later.(read more...)