You need the OGame Tips Strategy Guide! Over 100 pages of tips and methods to waste your opponents... and make your friends envious!
Recently, I got my first and second moons. I had a spate of ‘bad luck’, although I would more like to call it RNG bias. That’s another story. Anyway….(read more...)
- Building Colonies If I build a new colony, are my resources pooled? No, You have to transport them from planet to planet. Thatís why the closer the colony, the cheaper the shipping costs (and transport time). (read more...)
- Moon Ratings, Deathstars and Lunar Bases When your in the Galaxy screen, if you hover the mouse of the M (for a moon), you will see some numbers. Something like this: Moon S:8366 T:8 (read more...)
- Rocket Silos An interplanetary missile needs 30 seconds if you sent it to a planet in your system and for every system you have to fly over you have to add 60 seconds flying time. (read more...)
Is it beneficial to have a Research Lab on every colony?
Not really. You can only have one research going at any given time, regardless of how many Research Labs you have.(read more...)
Using Fields Wisely
When you colonise a planet, you get a pseudo-random number of fields. The calculations for the fields is as follows:(read more...)
This allows you to build more fields on a planet, thus increasing its capacity.(read more...)
Defense per Mines Ratio - What works best?
Argonaut asked me this in a comment. I think it deserves its own topic:(read more...)
A moon gives you another colony to build on. But it is not a standard colony. For starters, you can only build a limited selection of buildings.(read more...)
When building items at a shipyard (which includes fleet AND defense items), the time spent is based on the ShipYard level. The higher the shipyard, the faster you can build.(read more...)
- Rebuilding Defenses Apparently, there is a chance that 70% of your defenses lost will be rebuilt. What ones are rebuilt is random, it could be shields, missiles, fighters, gauss cannons, etc. You could get lucky have have your big defenses rebuilt, or you could have all your puny light light lasers restored. (read more...)
- Building while Researching You cannot upgrade a research lab that is current researching something. (read more...)
- Building Defenses This is a reprint of the post found here at the oGame Forums. There is a fair bit of debate over whether you should build defense or fleet and in what combo but if you are going to build a defense then this is what I have done. (read more...)
Renaming and Deleting Colonies
You can delete and rename your own colonies. You can also rename your home planet. Everyone starts with a planet that has 163 fields.(read more...)
- Moons and Buildings Getting a moon is expensive, so donít expect to get one early on. Itís also a matter of luck. I managed to get my moon when I failed to fleet save and lost enough ships to produce a 4% chance. (read more...)