Here are a list of some of the common terms used in OGame.
If you have some to contribute, please post them as a comment. I’ll move the really common ones into this thread.
Last Updated: 10.14.06
- RIP – Rest In Pieces – A Deathstar
- LF – Light Fighter
- HF – Heavy Fighter
- LC – Large Cargo
- SC – Small Cargo
- Espy, Probe – Espionage Probe
- Cr, Cru – Cruiser
- SS, Sats – Solar Satellites
- LL, SL – Small Lasers
- HL – Heavy Lasers
- IC, Ions – Ion Cannon
- PC, Plasma – Plasma Cannon
- GC, Gauss – Gauss Cannon.
- SS – Small Shield Dome
- LS – Large Shield Dome
- Domes – Both shield domes
- ML, RL – Missile Launcher / Rocket Launcher
- IPM – Interplanetary Missile
- ABM – Anti-Ballistic Missile
- DF – Debris Field
- Ninja – a sneak attack, often a defending fleet arriving just before the attacker’s fleet hits the target.
- RF – Rapidfire, can be both a noun and a verb.
- CR – Combat Report
- HoF – Attack which is allowed into the Hall of Fame.
- Moonshot – an attack consisting usually of 1667 LFs which creates minimal damage, is cheap, and maximum moonchance.
- phalanx – The ‘verb’ used to describe the act of finding a players fleet with a Sensor phalanx, or using this data to prepare an unavoidable attack. Or the noun, a Sensor Phalanx.
- RL – Research Lab
- Nanites – Nanite factory
- JG – Jumpgate
- HE – Hyperspace drive
- HT – Hyperspace Technology.
- IRN – Intergalactic Research Network.
- Gravi – Graviton Research.
- SS – Solar system.
- Colo – Colony
- x:y:z – The ratio a player wishes to trade with, usually in the form ‘metal:crystal:deuterium’.
- IRC – Internet Relay Chat, usually meaning the OGame channels on the OgamesNet server.
- PM – Private message.
- NAP – Non-Agression Pact – You and the other player/alliance agree not to raid each other.
- ‘GLOTR’ – ‘Good Luck On The Rebuild’
- Demon Freaked – Obliterated by IPM’s.
Many thanx to Black Wyvern for supplying a list of popular terms and phrases.