I play a cool game called OGame
The latest bit of information I received concerns your saving your resources (a fleet save).
How to Save your Resources
- Build up some large cargo ships to join your fleet.
- Add one Recycler to the fleet.
- Decide how long you are going to be away from the game.
- Load all your recources onto the cargo ships.
- Pick a debris field to fly to.
- Reduce the speed of your fleet to that the trip out takes half the time you are going to be offline.
- Send your fleet (send ALL your ships if you want to save them).
- Log back in after the elapsed time has come, and your resources will be returned, unharmed.
The Results of Saving
If anyone attacks your planet while you are away, you may lose the battle, but you will not have any resources to lose (or very few, depending on how fast your mines create the resources).
NOTE: You can also send your fleet away on a recycling mission. Just pick a location to collect debris, and use the same instructions above about choosing the distance and speed. Just make sure you have at least 1 Recycler in your fleet.
There are also other ways to save your resources beyond a recycling mission.
- spy on a weaker person.
- attack a weaker person.
- send it on a trade mission and call it back before it reaches the target. (the target can be an enemy planet). NOTE: If your fleet lands on the target planet, it WILL DEPOSIT the resources carried!
Saving your resources this way is a very common practice, especially in the higher levels of the game. Building your defenses is a nice compliment to saving your resources, and can help you save your planet from a nasty bombardment.
When you recall your fleet, they return at the same speed that they were sent out at. There is no way to change the speed of a fleet enroute.
Nobody can see a mission that is harvesting if you follow these guidelines:
- A Sensor Phalanx scans a target. You cannot scan a Debris Field, so you cannot see that destination.
- A Sensor Phalanx scans a target. You cannot scan a moon, so you cannot scan the departure point.
So, if you send your recyclers from a moon to a debris field, then they cannot be scanned by a Sensor Phalanx, and are thus invisible.
NOTE: I have included multiple methods of saving resources and fleets in my OGame Tips Strategy Guide.