This article was contributed by zendet. Thanks!
Many people think being a turtle is a cowardly way of playing oGame, however it is a valid style of play and
in many cases it works. A basic turtle builds enough defense to protect overnight res and maybe that much more.
Then there are players who go that extra mile and become an Uber-Turtle.
Many people can break through a basic defenses even if they don’t make profit. And some people who HATE turtles do it for fun, even though in most cases attacking a turtle results in a loss for the attacker. High ranked players with deathstars can attack turtles for little or no loss to themselves, more on that later..
The basic player might be considered a turtle if he has more defense than fleet or around this defense..keep in mind if differs in the different unis.
and around 30-50 ABMs (Anti Ballistic Missiles)
Most Turtles don’t use IPMs (Inter Planetary Missiles) as they need the space for more ABMs
Any player might be considered an Uber-Turtle if his defense is built way beyond a point where it serves its purpose.
Like a huge wall only the most top top players can break down, and even if they do they will not make any profit and actually lose a lot. Attacking only to stop the turtle before he becomes un-killable.
And around 50-90 ABMs(Anti Ballistic Missiles )
Remember Uber-Turtles amount of defense differs in the unis, a Uber-Turtle in uni 1 would have way more defense than one in uni 30.
Most Turtles and Uber-Turtles have a large amount of Plasma cannons, as 7 of these draw with a Deathstar, and around the 30 mark they begin to be able to kill the deathstar.
As a result, they build lots of these to put off rip attacks, and people attack with rips because they don’t want to lose their little ships and take losses, so if they don’t have any plasmas of gauss the rip and shoot at the other defense and not be shot down.
Sim it. 1,000,000 ML against 1 RIP. The rip kills a certain amount of ML and then flys off home. Then he can come back until he takes them all out.
1. Some Uber-turtles build theirs sats for grav behind their huge defense slowly, because they are sure no one can attack them for the sats for profit.
2. Most people become Uber-Turtles because they might log on once a day and just spend it on defense, and then it keeps building up.
3. Most Uber-Turtles have high mine levels so that they can build more defense with the res they get.
4. Although if some people gang up and build colonels near the Uber-Defense planet then they can IPM it until everything is gone.
5. Most Uber-Turtles have at least 1 deathstar on their planet to protect against other Rips attacking.
6. Some people do Defense on their moon instead of their planet because…moons cannot be Imped because its not a planet!